"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Flores Family

Some good friends of the family came up from Houston to go to the temple with us on Friday. I have known Frank and Rachel Flores for as long as I can remember. They were in our ward in Houston (they are still in that ward) and she was my primary teacher many moons ago. It's great that even though my parents don't live there anymore, they still stay in touch with old friends. It was so neat sitting by Sister Flores in the temple and it was a lot of fun having them stay with us.

I kept apologizing to them about the chaos and inevitable messes from kids, but they were so sweet and happy to be there. It was great visiting with them. When we go down to Houston in August to visit we are invited to crash their house and we will likely take them up on the offer!

Don't you love The Gov's tie? This is his traditional Father's Day tie made by my kids. He wasn't able to go to church on Father's Day but we wore it on Sunday. He is a great sport!

3 comments:

Anne said...

That tie is smokin'!

Americanson said...

The tie rocks, he should wear it every Sunday.

Ute Family said...

That tie is hilarious. What a good sport. Sounds like you've had a fun time traveling. There's nothing like being with family...especially going through the temple with them.

Good job on getting a tan swimming. My poor skin just burns due to my red hair!