"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!





Sending a shout out to my wonderful dad! I love you oodles and am very grateful to have you as a father. Happy Father's Day!!! -Mud Bug

Today we had a nice and low key Father's Day. The odd thing about church is that in Sacrament Meeting there was no mention of fathers, other than a tiny bit in the welcome and it was mentioned in the closing prayer. The primary didn't sing and nothing special was given to dads. And the talks weren't at all related to the holiday. Cody was a little irritated and I was bummed because I was hoping to get to see Ethan sing for the first time with the primary. Oh well, maybe next year.

Ethan gave his first talk in Primary today! He did an awesome job and we are so proud of him. Cody and I were expecting a little apprehension from him about getting up in front of everyone, but let me just say he has come miles and miles since those first few weeks in Sunbeams. Read this
post and you'll understand what I mean! He talked about daddies and what they do for us. I found pictures of dads doing various things and Cody helped by holding the pictures and telling Ethan what to say. Great job E-Buddy!

Cody of course wore his home-made tie from the kids. Ethan and Hailey had a lot of fun decorating ties for Dad, Papa, and the Gov. Ethan even did all of the writing himself! Hailey had fun pouring glue and glitter on them and then slathering them in jewels. Cody is a good sport to wear such a thing!

For dinner we had grilled steaks (a major treat in our house), pan seared asparagus, baked potatoes, rolls (from scratch), green salad, and chocolate cake (from scratch) for dessert. I don't usually do that stuff from scratch but today was special and my man is worth it. Home-made is so much better! But by then end of the evening I was beat. We love you so much Cody and we're so blessed to have you as our leader. You are my best friend and I couldn't have asked for a better partner and father to my children.

Honestly, this was the best picture I could get of them after church. They were restless, tired, and hungry! Including Dad :)

I love watching them read together at night. Cody is an awesome dad and never tires of entertaining and loving our brood.

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a good dad and your dinner sounds yummy!

jess... said...

LOVE the pics of "Billy Glen!"

Becky said...

LOVE Cody's tie! Yowza!