"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Day

This was a really good Christmas for us. Not because we got a lot of "stuff" but because we were at our own house and it was just our family. I love spending Christmas with our extended families, but it was nice to get to be by ourselves this once. We did everything exactly the way WE wanted without having to accommodate a million people. Ethan and Hailey woke up at about 7:30 and Ethan was actually in our bed. I wasn't ready to get up yet so he asked if he could turn on the TV. I had to remind him that it was Christmas and Santa probably came. So he dashed into get Hailey and I had to hold them off from running downstairs before I could grab Cody and the camera. I snapped a picture while Cody got Lauren up. They were all so excited when they saw the living room!

Santa even left the kids a letter, thanking them for the milk and cookies. He also told them to be very good this next year.

Each of the girls got My Little Pony. I had no idea a 15 month old would be so into them, but she is carrying her new "collection" everywhere.
Lauren unwrapped our new Christmas book!

The kids got dad a stress relief kit to keep in his desk drawer at work. He got a kick out of it.


Ethan with a few of his new Transformers. The kid got way too spoiled with them this year. He hadn't even opened them all when I took this. Thanks Granana!


Lauren was mainly interested in candy bracelets.

Granana, Hailey looks so cute in the pink outfit you got her!

I wish Santa would take back this new toy. It drives Mommy crazy!

His Spiderman web shooter that he has brought on some overly good behavior the last few weeks.

She is all set for her princess party in January!


The Gov gave Daddy a fishnet stocking for his leg lamp. They are such pervs.

...and he gave him bullets for his pistol.

This mess took several days to clean up!

Daddy found a present that Santa had hidden away. Mommy loves her new carpet cleaner!


This little stinker fits perfectly on that second floor and we're always getting her out of it.


What a fun day! We all stayed in our PJs the entire day. When we showered, we went right back into PJs. A terrible snow storm blew in that night and since our house faces north, the entire front was purely white. Our front door was frozen shut. What a perfect day to snuggle up inside!











































1 comment:

Audrey said...

I love that doll house! How fun to get to do a Christmas with just your little family!