"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 5, 2009

Recycling

Christmas left us with a lot of trash. Besides the fact that it wouldn't all fit in the trash cans, I more so felt bad about throwing perfectly recyclable goods away. So I spent a few hours sorting through what could be recycled and what couldn't. And it was a good opportunity to talk to the kids about ways we can be good to the earth. I figure, why throw away something so reusable if all it takes is loading it up in the car and driving it a few miles to the recycling center? All of this is still crammed into the back of the van, but in the next day or two it will find a new home. (Don't worry people, I haven't turned into a tree-hugger or anything. But we as a family produce way too much garbage!)

1 comment:

jess... said...

Burleson just got recycling, our recycle side of the drive way was 6 times bigger than the trash side after Christmas!!