"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just Like Mom

Hailey Jane is so much like me that it's spooky. It seems that every time I turn around and watch what she is doing, it's like I'm looking in a mirror. Her mannerisms, her personality, even the naughty and obnoxious things she does to get in trouble are things I used to do. It's all genetic. Lately her favorite thing to do is push a chair across the kitchen floor, fill up the sink with soap and water, and do the dishes. This is something I hope she continues to love as she gets older, but I'm sure her enthusiasm will fade. She got a tea set for her birthday and her new love is washing all the tiny pieces. Wow, right up my ally as a little girl. And I should mention that doing the dishes TOPLESS makes it all more fun!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Does mom do the dishes topless too?

Audrey said...

It's really the ONLY fun way to do dishes!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

you and I both know that if we did the dishes topless, the tops of our tah-tahs would be touching the bubbles in the water (laughing)... However, I might have to try it, just to see!! :)

Ev said...

At least she kept SOME of her clothes on. Alyssa would be totally nude. I thought surely she'd outgrow this stage, but she apparently prefers being in the buff. Last night Rocio and her kids came over to hang out. Rocio ended up taking Lilly and Kaylan back to her house for a sleepover .(Alyssa said she needed to stay with her mom so she could sleep in my bed.)Anyway, as they were leaving Alyssa was getting herself into her sleeping clothes. I followed Rocio and the kids out, saying good night and whatnot. When I turned to go back in the house I noticed Alyssa Faye standing beside me in just her pull-ups and socks. It was 70 degrees outside, but she was almost naked. How classy is THAT, right?! Good thing I'm not too big on what others think.