"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Magical Place

The Library is a magical place. Just imagine, you walk in and are immediately met with millions of resources for learning and exploration. All you have to do is fill out a form, get a card, and they let you borrow whatever you want! You just promise to bring it back at a certain time, and then you go back and borrow even more stuff!

The kids and I made a Saturday excursion to the local library. They get very excited when I tell them we're going there. I remember loving the library so much when I was a kid and I loved how they had (and still have) a cute little knook with tiny couches and chairs made just for kids.

I have decided to get qualified to be an API leader/educator and there are several books I have to read and write reviews about to become one. Luckily the library has almost all of them so today I went and checked out three. That will keep me very busy for a while. That was my main focus in going there, but as always we left with more supplies than we could carry. We checked out several Valentine books and we found some really great science experiment type books. I'm excited about trying some of that with the kids. We also found a movie for our Saturday movie night. We love the library!!!

No comments: