"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 5, 2009

The Pee Pee Princess

In the last year, I have attempted potty trainging Hailey on a few occasions. I've read three books on the subject and I know the theories, but each time I approached her with it she was very hesitant. So I would back off and we'd try again in a couple of months.

On New Years Day, I was putting Hailey in a dry diaper that morning and she said "Mom, I want to wear my pony underwears." So I said okay and I let her run around in it, fully expecting an accident. But since Santa brought us a really good carpet cleaner, I wasn't nervous at all.

Well, the morning went by and no accident. Near lunch time Hailey marched herself right into the bathroom climbed up on the toilet, and TINKLED!! Not only that, she wiped herself and pulled her pants back up all on her own. The only thing I had to do for her was reach the soap so she could wash her hands. The rest has been history since then. She even POOPED in the potty by herself!! That shocked me beyond belief.

It goes to show that two kids (siblings at that) can be polar opposites. It took months to get Ethan to even sit on the potty. God has taken mercy on us this time around. We are so proud of our Hailey girl!

2 comments:

jess... said...

that is sooooo great! what a big girl!!I am so scared of how Ammon will do. He likes to sit on his little potty for half a second just for fun. I am not even going to start the potty training for a while.

Audrey said...

They somehow just know when they're ready, don't they?!