"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Want To Go

I have made an executive decision...in my own mind anyway. Our ward camp out is coming up in the 22nd and I've been going back and forth in my head if this would be a good idea to go or not. Cody and I had big intentions of camping when we got married. We acquired quite a bit of equipment over the years, especially since his second wife is his scouting calling. In fact he just got back from Scout Camp last week.

But we have never been camping in the seven years we've been married...not once. We went once or twice with our student ward before we got married and it was a lot of fun. But lately the idea of camping with children makes me nervous. Oh, and I will also be seven months pregnant at the time. I've suggested the idea of going on the camp out to him before and he just makes a "noise" under his breath and blows off the idea.

Today at our ward playgroup we all got to talking about the upcoming camp out. The more everyone talked about it, the more I REALLY wanted to go. It sounds like it's going to be so much fun! We have a ginormous tent that needs to be used. We have all of the equipment. We just need to get up the nerve and go! They've reserved a place just right up the canyon from us. It's maybe thirty minutes away at most. I've decided we should go. Now all I have to do is get the nerve to tell Cody the same thing! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

bethany said...

You are a brave brave woman. I haven't been camping since girl's camp and even that wasn't real camping (except 4th year when we had to stay in *gasp* real tents and I got eaten alive by chiggers). I don't camp. Especially when I'm pregnant. So props to you for even considering it!!

Sarah Stiles said...

Aww! I want to go too! LOL We love camping. The first time we took Cameron I was technically 7 months pg and I was ENORMOUS! I didn't do a lot of hiking, but it was nice to just sit out in nature and enjoy myself.