"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Green Day

St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday! It's provides the perfect opportunity to get weird. This year proved to be no different. I bought some green hair paint that went on super dark, but you can't really see it in these pictures. I also surprised the kids with flashing shamrock necklaces to wear all day. What a hit! Lauren was sick all day and although she had her hair in super cute green pigtails, she ripped them out and crashed before I could get a picture. Even Devin sported a green mohawk!

For dinner we had green alfredo sauce with pasta and grilled chicken, broccoli, spinach salad with limes, avocado, peas, green apple, and green onion, green bread sticks, lime Jell-o salad, limeaid to drink, and mint chocolate chip ice cream and green sprinkled sugar cookies for dessert. Dad come home from work and didn't have a speck of green on him, so he for sure got pinched by all of us! That'll teach him. Better luck next year, Dad!






4 comments:

Audrey said...

You are so cute with all your table settings and cute stuff! You make the rest of us feel like our efforts fall so short!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

how fun are you!

Ute Family said...

Wow, that's a lot of green. I'm doing green next year for sure. I always dress up but never go beyond that...well, the challenge is on. Very cute table set up! What a good mama!

Heather said...

You are so fun! Love all of your green ideas :)