"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sligers Hot Spring

February 26- After we got into Idaho, we headed out to Hagerman to one of their famous hot spring pools. That part of the country is absolutely gorgeous and I always enjoy the thirty minute drive out there. Cody had been going to this pool since he was a tiny kid and I love to see his nostalgic side when we revisit his favorite childhood spots. Sligers is for sure one of them. It's a very old building, set right at the bank of the Snake River. It's a breathtaking view out of the giant windows. The water feels like perfect bath water and I could have stayed in there all night. Even though it is an old place, it is so well kept.

This was Devin's first experience in water other than bath water. Although, I'll bet he thought he was in a giant bath tub! I loved holding him close to my chest. We had an awesome time and I am amazed at how well Ethan is swimming these days. He got a lot of practice in that night and he is well on his way to never needing that life jacket again! Way to go Buddy! I just love it that my kids love the water as much as I do.














No comments: