"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Swim Lessons

Spring is upon us and the kids have been very excited to start swim lessons again. I registered Ethan and Hailey for the five week Saturday session. Lauren so desperately wants to take lessons, but she has to wait until she is three. Ethan is in level 2 and Hailey is in preschool level 2. Hailey did great during that first lesson, but a few days later she developed an ear infection and she had her ear drums rupture, so that puts a kink in our swimming plans. She can't get her ears wet for a few more weeks, so she will be sitting out lessons until it fully heals. She isn't happy about that.

Ethan is doing so well and is quickly advancing. He tells me a lot that he wants to be a "swimming man" like those other guys at the pool. He's talking about the swim team. If he keeps going at the pace he is now, he'll for sure be ready for the competition league in two years. He definitely has the McCorkle swimming gene!





No comments: