"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Button Bin

Oh the joys of being little. When I was a kid I adored scavenging through my mom's button box. She had a box that had jillions of random buttons in it and I loved to sit and dig through it.

Today Hailey came toddling into the room where I was folding laundry and she carried with her my botton bin. She was so proud of herself for rifling through my sewing drawer to find it. She sat down on the floor and entertained herself for a long time by examing the different buttons and making little designs with them.

Then Lauren crawled into the room and imediately started eating the buttons. That is when the button fun got moved to the top of the bed and then Lauren was mad because no more buttons for her. I'm sure I will find a button surprise in her diaper tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rob and Dani said...

Veronica!

I am soooo glad you found my blog and now I have found yours. I heard you had a blog! I loved reading 100 things I didn't know about you, I actually knew some of them though, I was proud of myself. I miss seeing you everyweek.

Audrey said...

When I was little, my grandma had a button drawer in her sewing room, and I loved playing in it! I loved to push my hands all the way down to the bottom and feel the buttons on them.

I can see why Hailey loves that bucket!