"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cheeseburgers, Trains, and Fish...Oh My!!!

Yea! Daddy is here! Cody flew in very late on Wednesday (8-20) and we all headed to downtown Fort Worth on Thursday for a day of fun. It was pretty hot and Cody was a good sport about it, even though I know he would have rather spent his days in the more mild climate of where we live. We started off at McDonald's for lunch. I absolutely LOATHE McDonald's, but it was a good location to meet up at and the kids love it so I caved.



The Gov looks so thrilled to be there, doesn't he?
Then we were off to ride the train. It is right outside the zoo and for only $3 an adult, it takes you on a 45 minute ride all through out gigantic Trinity Park. It was so worth the money and it sure beats the pathetic two minute train ride at our zoo. It was so peaceful and the breeze hitting your face made the heat almost non-existent. Trinity Park is a really gorgeous park, all very shaded with lush foliage and a river running through it all.

We then headed to the museum to see the new "Deep Sea" IMAX movie. It was all about deep sea animals and I thought it was great, but the kids were so beat and they slept through a lot of it. We left the museum and had dinner at a wonderful Mexican restaurant nearby. A perfect ending to a great day!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That park sounds wonderful, how fun! And I love the pic of Ethan walking on water, too cute!!