"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lilly's Baptism

Our niece, Lilly, turned eight in May and she wanted to be baptized while we were all in town. So she was dunked on Saturday (8-23) by the Gov, since her daddy is in Iraq for the year. It was a really great experience for all of us. We have watched this girl evolve from the Lilly Bean, into Lilly the Kid, and now into Lilly the beautiful girl who has the desire to follow in Christ's footsteps and be baptized.

She wore the dress that Mom made for Evelyn when she was eight. Leighann and I also wore it for our baptisms, and it has since graced the bodies of about fifty other girls too. It has been passed around by so many friends! I hope that my girls will one day wear it too.
Cody gave the talk on baptism and I played the piano. Other people who have touched Lilly's life participated in some way too. So many people turned out for it and it was standing room only! Afterwards people came over to Mom and Dad's for swimming and burgers.
Uncle Joseph is such a metro. He is one classy dresser.
Uncle Philip trying to look metro, but he lacks the same appeal wearing his tattered and stained white tee shirt!
Ethan tried out his metro pose as well.
I love how I caught Evelyn looking really mad.
Jessica, Jason, and Ammon. Jason actually spoke on the Holy Ghost.
Our good friend TJ (Theresa) came up from Houston with her hubby, Scott, and their baby, Sam. Sam was born with a bilateral cleft pallet and the doctors have done wonders for him. He still has a long way to go, but it's pretty amazing what they have done so far.

Dana acting silly...just like Dana!


What a fun day!!!




1 comment:

jess... said...

The Blue Bell I ate did make me sick!! Knew it would, i was sick all night... but it was worth it!