"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lauren's 12 Month Check Up

Weight: 17.5 lbs = 4%
Length: 28.25 inches = 23%
Head:
18.1 inches = 76%

Lauren's 12 month check-up was today. She got FOUR shots, including the first dose of her flu vaccine. The poor baby! Ethan and Hailey also got their flu vaccines, but they have changed it from a shot to a spray that is snorted through the nose. That made it much more pleasant for everyone. But Lauren cried VERY hard after her shots. Good thing I'm still producing milk because she needed serious Mommy comfort.

All is well and her tinyness is nothing to worry about. Dr. Allred says she is still following her normal growth pattern and she is right on track for where she should be. He said she will love it when she is older and is petite. I know I always wanted to be. I was very skinny until high school, but I was never small framed and definitely not short. Hailey and Lauren will likely have the same build and that all comes from Daddy's side.
We Love Dr. Allred! Of course Lauren doesn't look like it in the picture. She was being very apprehensive, as if she knew something terrible was coming.

6 comments:

alisquire said...

Dr. Allred is our kids' pediatrician! We love him too!

Julianna said...

Awww...Dr Allred is our peditrician too!! We love him! Boo for shots!

Heather Jones said...

man did I have a lot of posts to catch up on. Happy birthday to Lauren I can't believe she is already one wow!! Dr.allred is who checked Dyson for us at the hospital and did his little surgey.
Also, I think that Brandi on your blog worked with me as a receptionist at dollar cuts a long time ago? We hung out quite a few times!!
I can't believe it was the elephant parade we missed it again. Every year I want to take the kids and we miss it. I was just sitting at home all day yesterday. I am sad I did not know about it maybe next year. Looks like you have beening having fun and staying busy!!

Carli said...

love my cake picture. It is sooo HOT! I thought we were going to the zoo tomorrow?

jess... said...

She is so tiny.

I find out what I am having I on OCT 20!!! Can't wait!!!! I am almost sure that it is a girl tho:)

Katie said...

I just love Dr. Allred. He was my Bishop before I got married and he has become a dear friend. He is now in the Stake Presidency and my father-in-law works with him so I still see him from time to time. He is great!
Ps. Your little one is sooooo cute! All your kids are adorable. I just wish that mine would stay little. Braden was always 80-90th percentile in everything...I'm pretty sure this next one is headed the same way since I already measure 3 weeks big!!!!