"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Never Ending Piles

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Does it ever seem to end? No. Laundry is everywhere in our house, almost all of the time. I can never seem to be caught up, especially now. Before the baby was born I was pretty good about doing at LEAST one load a day...but even then it was hard to stay on top of it. Lately laundry is around every corner in our house. And it's not just the laundry, it's all housework. I wish I could get caught up but it seems that whenever I have one job done, another one is waiting for me and the one that I just finished needs to be done over again! Am I alone in feeling this way? Hopefully I'm not the only mom who fantasizes about having a housekeeper. Sometimes I get so discouraged that things aren't cleaner and that my life isn't as organized as it once was. Sometimes I ask, "What's it all for anyway? What's the point?" And then this reminds me...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8 comments:

bethany said...

Dang! You just reminded me that I need to be doing laundry-yuck!

Staci said...

you are definitely NOT alone! i hate that i am the one that has to clean the house and i remind my children of it everytime they complain about having to do their chores. it gets a bit easier when they reach about 5 years of age and they can help with somethings. with k and a being older...i have them clean a bathroom...toilet and all. i love it. and laundry baskets in the kids rooms REALLY helps me. it's not clean but organized! hurray.

Gina said...

I ALWAYS fantasize about getting someone to come clean my house. Even just once a month. It seems that I am so busy keeping up with the daily stuff-dishes, laundry and cooking, that I don't seem to get much beyond that. And thus the grime builds!

Joey and Nettifer said...

SO dang cute! I am pretty lucky and I know that. My mom does my dishes and my laundry for me while she watches M. I am sooooo grateful. Do you want me to come and do a load for you? When I did laundry I did it once a week all at once to get it out of my life. The one chore I HATE doing.

Kristi said...

Nope your not alone!! But I love the pics of the girls asleep, that is so precious and there is your answer! Gotta love it!

Author said...

Laundry is the worst! I have a hard time doing it ever. I hate it. Don't feel bad, we just stuff all ours in tritons closet. When we can't open it, then its time to do the laundry.

jess... said...

I don't know what you're talking about, I always have time to keep my house spotless.......
okay just kidding! I only have Ammon and jason to clean up after, and I can barely keep up!!!

ishybeanie said...

i love laundry, and i think is because when my kids were little they we so attached to me i couldn't use the bathroom without them right at my side. but when it was time to do laundry i would go to my room and they would leave me alone for an hour.