"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Carving & Coloring

Tonight we carved pumpkins. Or more so, Mom carved pumpkins. Hailey and Ethan seemed to be excited by it up until I cut the tops off and they looked in to see the slimy guts. But Ethan did help draw on the faces of the 4 that I carved. The older the kids get, the more fun holidays are because they start to get into it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Is this white trash enough for you? Gotta love the kids in the diaper and underwear.
(We had messy food for dinner and stripped the kids down.)



I have such a great husband. Cody has been attending a mandatory training class for work and he had a ton of homework when he got home yesterday. But the kids were so interested in coloring and wanted Dad to color too. I asked Cody if he wanted me to entertain the kids some other way to he could get work done, but he said "No, coloring with them is way more important than work. I'll just stay up late tonight to do it." He does that all the time and is always reminding me how important it is to not sweat all the little things and just enjoy spending time together as a family. Like the dishes can wait while we build a fort in the living room. Anyway, I love it that he stopped to color with the kids. I remember loving it when my own daddy would color with me. Those are some of the best memories I have as a kid.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Staci said...

i guess since you did pumpkins with your kids and no husband to help...i can. we were suppose to carve them last night but i really wasn't in the mood. long story. he'll be late tonight too... so i guess i'll follow your great lead and do them without him.

jess... said...

So does Ethan sleep in his Mr Incredible costume or what?! JK!! Ur dad is like a big kid himself, I never colored with my dad....he was usually busy rebuilding a carburator or something!

Kristi said...

Love the pumpkins, and that is such a great story about Cody coloring with the kids, kids remember those things and it means alot! What a good husband you have!

Heather Jones said...

See they can do something right once in awhile!!J.K. It really is nice to have great husbands!!So is Haliey asleep on the table??? Very cute!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Awesome hubby! Awesome mom for carving pumpkins!