"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

Today I felt like a real "soccer mom". Just substitute the soccer part for preschool. Ethan's class had a field trip to the pumpkin patch and I felt super ambitious and volunteered to drive and help with kids. Our 8 passenger van came in handy today. I took 3 extra kids in the van and I saw a new side of Ethan, the side that interacts with his peers in his life beyond Mommy. He was a real little boy as he goofed around with his friends. They had their own little jokes, little games, little sayings that I will never understand. It was fun to watch from the rear view mirror. Oh, and the premium sound system in the van really shined through as we blasted tunes from "The Wiggles" on the way there and back.

Like I said, this was an ambitious venture for me. I packed Lauren in the Snugli and wore my backpack-type diaper bag. I really looked the part. Hailey had so much fun running around and she just had to pick up every pumpkin she could. She even tried to pick up the gigantic ones that were as big as her. Sorry for the picture overload. I just couldn't help myself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

You are ambitious to do that with a newborn! You go wonder mom! What a fun day!

Staci said...

you get the super mom award for that outing! holy cow! and i was sad to read about your kidney stones. i've had a couple and they HURT!

Heather Jones said...

I am with you on Halloween I love it!!! It is my second favorite holiday!! I love the costumes the lady bug is so cute!! Don't ya just love the pumpkin patch!! Kens went for school also but, I did not get to go!! So we went with the fam!! But, I am very impressed you took all the kids by yourself!!!I guess by the time you are on the third you have no choice that is why the third is so good they have to be!!!

Kristi said...

I got to do that exact thing today! Except I took no baby with me! You are a good mom. Love all the pics, your kids are so cute!

Amy said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. Your little Lauren is so very cute! Please let me know if you ever need anything! Love the pumpkin patch pics. You have such cute kids!