"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good Ridance January

Every year I breath a huge sigh of relief on February 1st. This year will be no different. I have said many times before that I loathe winter and almost everything having to do with it. The only great thing about it is that 2 of my babies were born in winter. As of now there are only 25 hours left in the month of January. I think I can make it. 1 month, 2 weeks, and 5 days until the first day of spring. We live in such a ugly place this time of year. There is a horrendous inversion in the valley and it casts a gray cover on every bit of snow, and a thick gray mist lingers in the air all around. This is a depressing time of year. My next door neighbor and I (Jen) are so desperate for spring that we went out and snow shoveled out back lawns today. That is how eager we are to see grass. We got down to the bottom layer of snow and hit a layer of ice. But at least little bits of green can be seen through the ice! It's fun because we don't have a fence between our yards so it's like we have one big back yard and we are going to shovel enough room so the kids can play soccer. Poor Ethan was out there playing while I was shoveling and he was getting so cold in the snow and it was miserable. Okay, we can tough it out for another few weeks. I'm praying that the groundhog doesn't see his shadow on Feb 2nd. I don't know what I will do then!

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

you are killing me. we can't even get our drive way shoveled and you are doing your lawn! You are an awesome mom!

Mandy said...

i love it. shoveling the lawn, you kill me! :)

Gina said...

Amen. I definitely wish I could fly south for the winter!
I'll have to make sure to click on your blog so I can see what you are up too! Thanks for today!