"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 27, 2008

We'll Miss You, Gordy B

Photobucket
Tonight I was in reading to the kids when Cody came into the room and said "President Hinkley just passed away". I thought he was kidding at first, but even he isn't that deranged to joke about something like that. Yup, sure enough it was spreading through out the local media like wildfire. 97 years old and what a life he lead. Everyone was talking about how sad and tragic it is that he passed. To me it's not sad. He had an awesome mission to fulfill, he did his job, and now he gets his reward! I can only imagine how he has missed his wife these last few years and I'm sure their reunion today was an incredible one. I'm sure they barely recognized each other in their perfect state. I'll bet he said something like "Wow! These knees haven't felt this good in 60 years!" And she said (speaking of her body) "Looky! It's like gravity...in reverse!" Seriously though, he was an amazing man and the next prophet is going to have huge shoes to fill. President Hinkley did some terrific work for the church and for the world. He always made me want to be a better person in all areas of my life. There are so many things I cherished about this man and the list could go on for miles. He will surely be missed. We love you, Gordy B!

1 comment:

Chambers Clan said...

I agree with you. I am glad that he had a fulfilling life and I bet he is relieved up there, where he either won't be so busy or able to do more! Thanks for sending me another email...It was fun to see your blog. Your family is sooo cute, and you sound just like me...too tired! Good luck with your basement! Wish I had one :)