"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome 2008



I haven't posted in forever because life has been crazy (what else is new?). Christmas pictures will be up in the next few days when I have time to upload all of them into a slide show. Over the last 2 weeks we have dealt with the stomach flu and many other nasty illnesses. I am one of the odd ducks who always looks forward to the end of the holiday season. By about December 20th I am so fed up with Christmas that I want to go around and rip everyone's Christmas decor down from their houses. I know, I'm such a Grinch. Ever since Lauren was born things have been GO GO GO GO GO!!! There was her birth, then floods of friends and family for weeks on end, the Halloween, then my mom came into town for almost 3 weeks (which was great by the way) then Thanksgiving, then Lauren's blessing, then the millions of things associated with Christmas. After 3 months of this it is no wonder that I have looked forward to the new year with much excitement. January 1st is possibly my favorite day of the year. It always fills me with so much hope ad anticipation. I feel like it is a fresh start for me. I always make goals for the new year and this year is no different. These remaining 30 pounds of baby fat are going to be GONE by July 1st, no ifs ands or buts. Money will be saved and put in the bank. All of the Gospel works will be read cover to cover. I am going to make me a priority, taking much needed time every once in a while for myself with out feeling guilty. I could post a million goals that I have but those are the biggies.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Glad you're back I have wondered about you! Happy New Year!!