"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lauren 4 Months Old

Photobucket
Lauren had her 4 month check up today. Everything looks great!
Here are her stats:

Weight: 12.88 pounds = 33%
Height: 24.5 inches = 60%
Head: 16 inches = 36%

The only thing that has worried me is that she is such a quiet baby. Aside from the one time she laughed, she hasn't made other noises. Every now and then she coos, but it's rare. Anyway, the doctor said it's nothing to worry about as long as she smiles and is alert and responsive to my facial expressions. She smiles ALL the time! He said if she is still quiet at 7 months then there might be cause for concern. The poor baby got her DTaP, hepatitis B, polio, and that nasty oral rotavirus vaccine. She screamed and the passed out and will likely sleep all day.
Photobucket
This is her when we got home from her appointment.

I have to say that if spring doesn't get here soon I might go nuts. We are so cabin crazy! Why on earth did I choose so many years ago to move to Utah? A place that is notorious for it's cold winters and disgusting snow. I'm not even a fan of Christmas because it is a winter holiday. Maybe if we lived in Australia and it was in the summer I would like Christmas better.

I have been such a bad mom lately...getting short with the kids and raising my voice more than I should. This morning we were running late for Lauren's appointment and the kids weren't cooperating with me as I was getting them ready. And Hailey has REALLY hit the terrible twos and you never know what will set her off. My nerves were shot and as we were leaving I said to Hailey "I just don't like you today!!!" Then as were driving to the doctor I hit a patch of ice and began to skid and almost hit an 18 wheeler. Cars were swerving and horns were honking and I swear everything was in slow motion. Well by some miracle I landed safely in the median and no one was hurt. I was crying and shaking and pulled off the road to gain some composure.

All I could think of is what I'd said to Hailey only minutes before. So of course I turned to the back seat and said between sobs "I love you guys soooo much! I'm sorry I was such a bad mommy this morning!" We got back on the road, and not even 10 minutes later I was already yelling at Ethan. What is wrong with me?

After the check up I had to go to Kmart to pick up a prescription. And I saw something at the store the melted all of the snow from my cold heart. They already have their summer stuff out. Lawn chairs, yard equipment, sand boxes, pool toys, even bathing suits. At seeing that I breathed a sigh of relief and thought "There is a God!"

4 comments:

Staci said...

arizona is wonderful during the winter and not as far as austrailia! loved our time there. i have the same moments with my kids in the mornings right before school and when i drop them off they tell me they love me. how's that for a guilt trip. then i apologize for yelling and tell them i love them too. blow kisses and say have a great day and i'll see you after school. my kids know just how to humble me...even if they don't even know that they are doing it. God knows.

Ute Family said...

I have a million "bad mommy" moments a day...and I only have ONE. I'm sure you do a great job. Ethan was ALWAYS good in nursery, so you've got to be doing something right :)

Ash said...

Is she really that old! WOW!! She's such a cutie! Oh, and our blog layouts--I just get free digital scrapbooking downloads and upload them to photobucket and I've copied it all into the HTML. I have instructions on how to change it (per "Halowidow" from BBC) if you want them.

Heather Jones said...

I had to get all caught up on your blog since we have no computer!! it sounds like hailey had a good B-day. We all have bad mom moments With three I have them at least once a day!! I am way ready for some warm outside weather!!!