"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 11, 2008

Kim's Baby is Very Sick

In December I posted about my friend Kim having her 15th baby (yes that's right, 15 for anyone who missed it). Well unfortunately the little guy is having life threatening health problems. He has been having issues with breathing lately and this week they had to resuscitate him twice because he totally stopped breathing. At one point they thought he had died. In the middle of the night (on Thursday) he was life flighted 150 miles to Primary Children's. Turns out he has a very severe form of acid reflux and eating could very well kill him. They think that is what's causing him to stop breathing. He has a feeding tube directly into his intestines and he is hooked up to all kinds of things. He is still having apnea episodes and his oxygen level is on a constant roller coaster. Kim is an absolute wreck and hasn't slept in days. I guess it doesn't matter if it's your 1st, 6th, or 15th child. The worry is all the same. Their family is need of massive prayers. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have you tiny infant's life hang in the balance. Even though you don't know her, could you say a prayer for the little guy tonight? I think we have all seen prayer work miracles, and this is as good a time as any for a miracle. His name is Nate.

3 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

How sad! I hope everything turns out okay. We will definetly pray for him. I just hate when babies are sick. I hate it even when Addi has a cold and I have to see her suffer. I can only imagine what your friend is going through.

Staci said...

that just breaks my heart and will definitely keep him in our prayers. keep us posted.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I will pray for them!