"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You'll Have Better Days

Today has been a much better day than yesterday was. I've been more patient and kind toward my kids. I guess it helps when you start the day off praying for that extra "something" to get through the day. Hailey loves to help in the kitchen and almost every time I am in there, she pulls a chair up and immediately starts offering her help. I made her an apron to wear because she always tries to put mine on. We have called her "Miss Hailey" since she was born and that's what she will be known as in the kitchen as well. Tonight she helped me make banana muffins.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Tonight while I was reading to the kids before bed I had a lot more energy than usual. Lately my limit is 2 books. They always ask for more and I usual tell them "no" and I'm anxious to turn the light out and make them go to sleep. But tonight we read about five books and sang a jillion songs. I love it when I'm not too tired to enjoy them that time of night. We always pile on Ethan's bed to read, then I tuck Hailey in in her crib and call it a night. But tonight Ethan and Hailey were clinging to each other and they insisted on sleeping together in Ethan's bed. When I checked on them half and hour later this is what I found. I love it that they have each other to love when they need a buddy at night. I hope they will always be close like this.
Photobucket
I got these wooden letters so long ago and I finally decided to paint them and do something with them. Don't you just love little projects that you never get around to doing anything with? I have a million of those.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Ute Family said...

I love that apron...all of you girls are always doing all these crafty things and I can't do squat!

Love the pic of them sleeping. I love checking on Lydia an hour after she's been sleeping. I have about a million pictures of her just laying there. Seriously, how many pictures do you need of a sleeping baby!

Kristi said...

Oh I love that apron, I need to find a small one for my kids. I love them asleep together that is so cute, tha is usually how I find my 2. Love the letters!

Meagan said...

I also love the apron!! Cute kids!

Joey and Nettifer said...

That apron is so cute and i love that you call her Miss Hailey - adorable! What a good mom to let her help out! Kids kind of freak me out in the kitchen.
Love them snuggling and love the letters!
It was fun talking to you today!

Miles and Bex said...

Good idea with the apron! Way to go with the crafts!