"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 15, 2009

22 Weeks

At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, our baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises still lack pigment. His pancreas is also forming right along as it should.

I'm feeling very pregnant these days. I'm very surprised because I'm just a little over half way there! I normally don't start feeling like this until month 7. My BP continues to drop and my feet are already getting tight and swollen. So much for the wonderful second trimester! I've skipped right over that part.

But the exciting thing is that our boy is a serious mover and shaker. This is by far the earliest I've felt this much strong movement. Normally this doesn't happen until 30 weeks. I can feel and see complete rolls beneath my skin. I feel him up against my pubic bone, but in my ribs at the same time. He punches, kicks, squirms super hard, and I love every second of it. His heart BPM contines to be low (never getting above 138) and I'm wondering just how big he's going to be. He feels like Goliath right now!

3 comments:

Sarah Stiles said...

Aww, you have a little gymnast:-) Cameron was like that too. I started feeling him at around 15 weeks, and by 17 weeks he was moving so much that Craig could both see and feel him moving as well. And he has yet to stop moving, lol.

Speaking of, Cameron was talking about Ethan the other day. We should get them together for a play date!

Oh, and I have seen a number of babies at 22 weeks, and they are perfectly formed, just tiny, small enough to fit in my hand:-)

Julie said...

Veronica, thanks for adding the picture! Great belly.

Can you imagine when you will be 38 weeks pg, how much your son will be moving around and kicking? Lol, my little boy is already doing that and I am only 15+ weeks pg.

Can you believe that we are both having another son? I feel like this is to good to be true; I am having a fourth son!!! FOUR BOYS!

Are you planning on my babies after this little one? I think we will go for a 7th then probably be done.

Julie

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for a moving baby! You are looking good!