"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Want Out!

Pardon me, but I have to vent for a minute. It is June 10th. I know that summer doesn't officially begin for another ten days, but give me a break. It should be hot by now. Can I just ask, who in their right mind thinks Utah is a great place? I guess it's the southerner in me that loathes cool weather. Cool weather (not cold) belongs from November through February. Once March hits it should warm up, at least enough to keep windows open. And it should still be warm enough through Halloween so that the weather doesn't determine what costume a kid should wear.

Argh. It's rainy and cold outside and it's been like this for the whole month so far. We had a few warm days in May, but it seems so wrong to have to keep things like jeans and jackets in the kids closets through the summer because you never know when you'll need them. They should long packed away by the start of April, or even before.

I know that if you're from Utah (or any northern state for that matter) and you're reading this blog, you're likely thinking "Well if you don't like it, move away!" And I would...in a heart beat except for a pretty big obstacle in my way. Cody. He'll never leave this part of the country. He's too attached to his heritage and family to ever leave. Even if the money was perfect and all the conditions were right, it would take a miracle to get him to willingly leave. It drives me crazy so much of the time.

And I'm not even hell bent on living back in Texas (although that's my dream) I just want to be somewhere somewhat humid with huge trees and green grass everywhere. I want to be in a place where flowers start blooming at the start of spring. People always say that 75 degrees is perfect weather. WHAT??!! If it's not warm enough to comfortably swim outside then it is not perfect weather. Maybe my life revolves too much around the water. But it's how I grew up and it's what I know. I miss it. I'm frustrated!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I have the same problem with Patrick. I would love to move, anywhere, but he loves it here and will never leave. I love it too but I have been used to moving about every year. I MISS it.

I have to lol at your cool days. I am still filling up the furnase, day and night. Our renovations are on hold because of the rain (and snow!) and the cold weather. For the first time in my life, I want to feel the sun on my skin. Alas, it keeps raining. And when there is a little sun out, the wind makes me stay inside.

Julie

Sarah Stiles said...

Ah, I was JUST thinking how nice it would be to be back in San Antonio! I HATE this cold weather! I don't mind the rain, but it should be a WARM rain.

Seriously, I think I could have written your post word for word, just change "cody" for "craig".

Ute Family said...

I gotta tell ya. I'm glad to be away from the humidity in KS. That stuff was not good for me trying to flat iron my hair. The dry heat, much more friendly to my curly locks that I try and straighten :) And being pregnant...piece of cake in the dry heat. Didn't phase me a bit. Although I do miss all the green. Oh well, at least we can visit our hometowns and enjoy the things that we don't have here. Make you appreciate it more, huh?!!

Jeanette said...

We'll take you back in a heartbeat! :D

It's hot and humid here. It was in the 100s today. Maybe if you shared the cool weather and we shared the heat, all would be happy. It's worth a try.