"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Accidental Nap

Ethan fell asleep on the way home from an outing this afternoon. After we came inside, he crashed again on the couch. He slept until 7:30, which meant I was in for a long night with him. I would have waked him up, but if that kid falls asleep during the day it means he REALLY needs the sleep.

It's okay because tonight we had some quality time to spend together...something that rarely happens. I did make him lie down on his bed and at least try to fall asleep before he gave up. He came out into the living room after trying to sleep, and says "Mom, why is it that eels have to poop in the water?" The crazy things that go through a five year old boy's mind when he's starring at the ceiling.

By the way, the above picture was taken today when he crashed. Yes, he is sound asleep and his eyes are almost completely open. This is how he often does it. He had some serious REM sleep going on! Creepy.

3 comments:

Carli said...

okay, so I hate that your blog is private! I totally forgot you even had one until I was thinking about you tonight and how I have not heard from you in FOREVER! I had to catch up on like 10 blogs! Also, CALL ME!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

he sleeps with his eyes open?

Sarah Stiles said...

Cameron has not taken naps since he turned two, so if he falls in asleep in the day, I know he REALLY needs a nap.

Creepy with the eyes open!