"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Long Day

Even though I've been at the computer off and on for hours since I got home from church (working on Primary business of course) I still feel the need to journal a bit. Today was long. Sunday is anything but the day of rest, at least when you are engaged in a high responsibility calling. I can't thank my sweet husband enough for all his help today.

I have been nursing pink eye since Friday and I felt pretty crummy today. But my ENTIRE presidency was out of town and I had no choice but to run the show. Come hell or high water, I had to be there. I took my bottle of hand sanitizer and used it constantly. I was at the church at 9:00 for meetings which lasted all morning, came home to grab some lunch, then turned around and headed back to church for the block.

Lauren had a nasty virus over the last three days and although she was feeling better today, I insisted that Cody stay home with her and the other two kids. As overwhelmed as I felt today, I figured it would be a load off my back to not have to worry about my own family during church hours, not to mention the time involved in getting everyone ready and out the door on time.

So while I was away, Cody cleaned the house. I walked in at 4:30 to the smell of Lysol and a sparkling kitchen floor. I was so pooped that I deflated on the couch and rested. My feet were killing me after having been on them for two solid hours in very uncomfortable (yet stylish) shoes. He knew I'd been craving a loaded BLT sandwich so he whipped those up for dinner and I devoured two huge ones. Then he made strawberry shortcake for desert, and then actually cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom!

Sometimes I think I don't deserve him. And then I have to remind myself that I do. I work hard. I am worth having a guy who treats me so well.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a sweet hubby! How lucky are you!

Heather said...

HOORAY for awesome husbands!