"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Celebrating Our New Addition

Family camping trips are a staple of my childhood memories. I've wanted to start that tradition with my own family, but we've been waiting for kids to get old enough to really enjoy it. I've been hunting for a tent for a long time. Cody and I have one from when we were first married, but with a fourth child on the way we've largely outgrown it.

After reading tons of reviews, we bought this tent today. 200 square feet, three rooms, and a perfect price. I'm so happy with it! Ethan's had a lot of fun looking at tents with me online. Today at the store he was overly excited to get home and try it out. He and I had it all set up when Cody came home. I can't wait to start camping this summer. We're surrounded by many gorgeous state parks and I look forward to utilizing them! Maybe we'll even brave our ward camp out in August. I'll be seven months pregnant, but I don't care.



This kids were so excited about the new tent that they didn't want to stop playing or go inside, so we had a picnic outside tonight. Nothing says "summer is here" like a bowl full of water melon!



8 comments:

Audrey said...

That tent is amazing!! I love that it has a "hallway!"

Julie said...

That is a beautiful and big tent. I hope you will make some wonderful memories with it.

I wish I could go camping too. But, when I was very young and in foster family, they had me watch horror movies to *toughin' me up* and I am now too scared to go camping. I wish I could get over it. I tried but it did not worked.

Anyway, have a great time!

Julie

Carli said...

wow! you are brave. I HATE CAMPING! I am, only going to one night of girls camp this year. haha! but good for you! :)

Mandy said...

Oh, I say brave the ward campout! I'm hitting girls camp at the end of june, which will put me at 35 weeks pregnant, you can do it! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Man! That looks like so much fun!

Bel said...

That tent looks like a mansion, its pretty nice!! I am not much of a camper at all but we just got a tent as well and I am excited to try it out too. Maybe we can go together :)

Missy said...

We are looking for a tent for our daddy for Father's Day. Yours looks really fun.

Sarah Stiles said...

Ooh, ooh! Take me with you! Camping was a big part of my childhood, too, and I hardly ever get to do it now that I am a "grown up". I miss it a lot!

Funny, though. When Craig and I were married, we put TONS of camping gear on our gift registeries, and ended up getting almost none of it. Instead we got crockpots (which weren't even on the list because we already had one) and bath towels. Seriously? Who would confuse ME with Martha Stewart?