"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beauty Parlor


Hailey has been feeling the effects of being the middle child lately. I know she's feeling a little neglected, so tonight I did something special with her. One of her favorite activities is to play "beauty parlor". We painted our nails and then I chopped her hair off. She still has a lot of baby thin hair and the longer it gets the wispier it looks. One day I'm sure she'll have super thick hair like me, but it's taking her a while to get there. In the meantime, it looks fuller when it's in a bob do.

I just love it and she she had fun while I cut it. I took about five inches off and when I cut the first bit, she wanted to hold it in her hands and pet it like a kitten. We watched "Tinkerbell" while we played beauty parlor and it was a great girls' night! She wanted some pictures taken right before bed, so we headed outside. She is such a ham!

And for the record, Cody doesn't like the cut at all. Tell him how crazy he is next time you see him!





8 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, she is a cutie!

Julie

Joey and Nettifer said...

Wow she is a heart breaker! Love the hair and what a fun mommy daughter night! You are a brave mama to cut her hair!

Audrey said...

I love the new cut! It's really cute!

Margo said...

I love her new hair cut. She is sooo cute. You did a great job. Love her cute smile. What a fun time to spend together.

Bel said...

LOVE her new haircut!!! She looks so mature and beautiful.

bethany said...

I LOVE short hair!! So cute. Beauty parlor is something that Jak and I have never played-that's probably a good thing :)
So, I'm wondering if there are any homes for rent in your neighborhood? I looked on KSL but didn't see anything. Because we own in PHX and we have to sell short sale (our house is worth 30% of what we bought it for), we are just going to rent for now. Anyway, to make a long story short, any homes for rent? :) Thanks!

Heather said...

This is a beautiful child, I can't say anymore!

Ev said...

The new cut makes her look even more like you, but she's pretty. HA HA HA I need to cut my girls' hair, too. I just hate doing it because it's so long and they don't sit still very well. Alyssa's goes down to her crack, but I need to take about an inch off. I don't even want to talk about Lilly and Kaylan's.....