"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 19, 2009

Bon Voyage, Gaerte Family

Today when we got home from swim lessons the moving truck was in front of their house. I grabbed my camera and had to document this last time of all being together. It's been a good run. Four years of living by good neighbors. What peace of mind it has been knowing that our kids are completely safe running back and forth between houses. What peace of mind in knowing that I can trust my children 100% with the people next door.

Jen has helped me out so many times when I've needed her. No matter if I needed a cup of sugar or someone to take my kids last minute so I could run to the hospital to have a baby. She's been a great friend and the perfect neighbor. I think we've spent a million summer days in lawn chairs in "our back yard" as the kids played in the pool. I'll miss our white trash water park. Our kids have all been born while living in this neighborhood and have grown together (with the exception of Ethan who was nineteen months old when we moved in).

Now we'll actually have to get the fence put up between us and the old Gaerte place. It will be sad. They are only moving a few miles away, but it may as well be to another state. We're going to miss them. I'll be sad when I see the kids going over to their back door to see if they can play. Maybe the new family that will live there will be just as good to us. We hope so. We love you guys.










No comments: