"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Going Home Outfit

After I picked Ethan up from school today we headed to Target for some baby related items. I don't want a repeat of when Lauren was born. We went to the hospital that day with no intention of having a baby, but have a baby we did. As a result I did not have anything packed. Although Cody did his best to bring me what I wanted from home, he is a man and I went without a lot of my comfort things- you know the things that make you feel like you're more at home while staying in the hospital.

Anyway, I decided I'm going to have my bag packed this week. He likely won't be born any time soon, but it's better to be packed ahead of time anyway! At the store I picked up a bunch of travel size things, nursing pads, diapers, a bottle of baby wash, a new car seat head support, and the kids and I found the perfect little outfit for their brother to wear home from the hospital.

Today on the phone I described it to Evelyn and she said it sounded pretty dumb. And I guess I would think so too if I hadn't seen it. Okay, the "cutiesaur" at the top sounds lame. But I think it's too cute! Now all I've got to do is finish washing and folding his other clothes and we are all set. The car seat is cleaned and ready to be installed. All we need is a baby now! Oh, and he still needs a first name. Suggestions?

5 comments:

Julie said...

I thought his name was William! William Joseph?

I am also preparing for little Olivier's birth, washing tiny baby boy clothes, I got together the moses basket (??), the craddle still need to be cleaned, the carseat too. I have his coming home outfit already, bought it months ago, lol.

We are so lucky to be having each another baby.

Julie

Audrey said...

Just yesterday, I made my list (which consists of three different spreadsheets) of things that "need" to be done before our little one arrives, and I felt so much better. There's something about having it written down so baby brain doesn't make me forget something important.

We also are still deciding on a name, and for the first time, I feel like I really don't know what's going to happen when we have to fill out the birth certificate! Good luck with it!

Ev said...

I said YOU'RE retarded. I never called the outfit dumb. You're not the world's best at descriptions, either. I guess I'm not into the baby stuff since I don't have any that little anymore. The outfit's cute, but I stand by my assessment of you. Aren't big sisters fun?

Sarah Stiles said...

Ooh, I LOVE William Joseph! I was just listening to one of his CDs yesterday:-)

I always think it is a little funny when parents do not have names set for their kids. Craig and I pretty much had all of ours picked out since before we were married, lol. Let's see. There's Cameron, Jordan, and Austin for boys (although we probably won't use Austin since my SIL totally swiped that name - grrr), and Lorelei, Kirsten, and Cambria for girls. We also have all the middle names set. Now if we could just have another baby . . .:-)

Carli said...

hmmmm...but would you really name him william joseph? That may be hard to do. I say you stick with joseph as a middle name and do something else for the first name.