"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby Mamas

On Friday night we were invited to Kennedy's 2nd birthday party. Cody was at Scout camp so I hauled the kids with me. They had a ton of fun playing in her inlaws hot tub (which was only warm) and jumping on the trampoline. I had fun sitting around with my fat friend talking about how ready we are to have these babies. Carli and I were pregnant with our last babies at the exact same time. Kennedy and Lauren are only three weeks apart. This time we are due within days of each other again and we're both having boys. I think we are drinking from the same fertility water!

I hate to complain about pregnancy. I am truly grateful for this rare experience to have a baby. But it's getting harder the closer I get to D-Day. I don't know how big he will be- he could be seven pounds, he could be ten pounds. I have no idea. But I think he is going to be very long like his brother. Ethan was 22 inches at birth. This boy just doesn't have enough room to stretch out like he wants to. All day long he camps out in my hips and my ribs taking up every tiny bit of room. And he NEVER stops moving. I love that he is so active and healthy. But it really hurts me. There is no position I can get in to be comfortable, ever. Not even sitting in a bath of water.

I still can't get over that I'm feeling this with STILL six weeks to go. Wow, what a long road this is going to be. I have no energy at all. He is sucking everything, and I mean EVERYTHING out of me. Part of him beats down on my cervix all day long and it feels like little needles jabbing me. I really wonder if he's going to stay put until October 12th. I really want him to.

After I took Ethan to school this morning Hailey and I sat on my bed while I folded freshly washed baby clothes. It was fun sorting through sleepers and onesies and tiny socks. Hailey had fun oooohing and aaaawing over each little piece of clothing. At one point pure exhaustion hit me and I about fell over. I told her to go watch the show with Lauren in the living room because Mommy needed to rest. I laid down there in the middle of the clothes and could NOT get up!

I had some interesting messes to clean up when I finally went back out to see what the girls were up to. I don't know if my house can withstand the next few weeks!

6 comments:

Val, Matt, and Madison said...

Hang in there Veronica, those last few weeks are so hard! You'll do great, we are so excited for you! I miss seeing you guys, I hope you're all doing well!

Julie said...

I am not even 27 weeks pg and this is the way I feel also. NO energy at all, still throwing up often and doing my best to take care of my five children and homeschool them as well.

Good luck,

Julie

Author said...

What a cute picture! Those last two months seem to be the worst! Hang in there, and remember, that this exhaustion is nothing compares to how tired you'll be once he's born. Do you have a name chosen, that is, besides Samson?

Carli said...

I feel the same way!! Last night, I had some CRAZY contractions and the baby was pushing down so hard that I felt like he was going to break my water and come out. They were seriously so painful I thought I was going into early labor! the last month sucks!

Ute Family said...

Wow, its been forever since I've checked blogs and wow, have you updated or what?!!! Love all the updates and girl, you look gorgeous. I just love prego women...too cute. It makes me feel better that people actually gain as much weight as I do when I'm pregnant :)

Ev said...

Why didn't you post the uglier one of you withour a neck or chin?