"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lauren's Birthday

Lauren turned two on Monday the 21st, but we mainly celebrated a day early on Sunday. I picked up some Papa Murphey's pizzas on Saturday and Lance, Courtnee, and the boys came over on Sunday evening. It was a really low key celebration.

Lauren was SOOO very excited about her Nemo cake which she picked out by herself. I let her flip through the book at the bakery and she saw that and went wild. I could barely keep her fingers out of it long enough to take a picture.

It was a nice and relaxing evening, with very little clean up! That was the best part. Lauren got a few presents including some books, a baby doll that actually swims (it's pretty cool), a musical instrument set which all three kids have played with non-stop, a new Barney DVD, and a mechanical hamster that my friend Katie gave her. To be honest, that toy is her favorite present! She has slept with it and plays with it first thing each morning.

For her actual birthday yesterday we took the kids to McDonalds for dinner, then came home and had Jello Pudding Pops. Pretty simple! I can't believe that baby girl is already two years old. Where is the time going?!








2 comments:

Julie said...

That last picture is so precious, lol.

We are celebrating Alexandra and Mathieu's birthday at McDonald's this year. Five kids and this is a first for us!

Seeing your pictures, I think I need to make things easier on my children's birthday. I am always so exausted at the end of each party.

Julie

Audrey said...

Look at her curls! You were right, they came back with a vengeance!