"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, September 21, 2009

To My Sweet little Guy

Dear Little One,

I can't believe we are going to meet you so soon! In only three weeks or less you are going to join our family. We could not be happier or more excited for that to happen! As I sit here and write this I can feel you doing rolls and kicks in my belly. You take up a LOT of room and you are the most active baby I have ever carried. That probably means you will be a killer as a toddler!

I want you to know how much I love you and how wanted you are. I wish you knew how much your brother and sisters already love you. Every single day they all come over to me (usually while I'm camped out on the couch) and ask to see my belly. They love to feel you moving around in there and they love talking to you. Lauren loves pushing on my poky belly button and saying "ding dong!" You are going to be so loved and adored by those three kids. I'll probably have to fight them for time to spend with you!

I often wonder about what you're doing right now. As much as I anticipate your arrival, I can only imagine what you are feeling. You are with our Heavenly Father right now! How lucky are you. You probably have butterflies in your stomach as you are preparing for this journey we call life. I wonder what's going through your head. Are you excited? Nervous? Happy? Probably a lot of each.

I also wonder if you've been able to get to know your Uncle Joseph since he left us almost three months ago. I'm sad that you won't get to experience having him for an adoring uncle in this mortal life. But I have a feeling that he already knows you better than I do, and that he will always serve as your guardian angel. Give him a huge hug for me and tell him how much I love and miss him each day. Our lives haven't been the same with out him here.

Baby boy, I love you. I want you to have a good life. I hope that somehow you can stay close to the veil and remember the things you've been taught in the pre-existence. This life will be hard, I won't lie. But your family is waiting here for you, ready to help you and lift you up along the way. It will be a rocky path to follow at times, but we are a team and we will work together. I am so excited to meet you. I know you will continue to bless our lives each day, because we've already seen those blessings coming to pass.

Three weeks! I can't believe it's only three weeks away. I can't wait.

All my love,
Mommy

No comments: