"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Check Up

I went to the doctor today. Everything was perfect and very routine, which I love. My BP was 100/60. I've only gained 1.5 pounds in the last two weeks, which is low for me. By this stage I'm a two pound a week gal.

My belly is measuring big and it's no joke when I say I'm out of room. When Mike measured and told me I'm still ahead on the chart, I laughed and said "He is so big now, but just wait...he'll only be 5 1/2 pounds at birth." He felt around on my belly and said "Doubtful, because he's getting close to that weight now." I gasped and said that I still had nine more weeks so there was no way. Then Mike retorted "What makes you think you'll make it nine more weeks? This kid's not likely to stay put."

He again gave me instructions to come into L&D any time anything happens, like I did on Saturday. Anyway, this is the biggest, strongest, and most active baby I've had at this stage of pregnancy. That's exciting and frightening at the same time!

No comments: