"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mommy and Hailey Date

Hailey has been getting the shaft lately. I know she is little, but right now she is the ultimate middle child. It won't always be this way, but she is having a hard time in the present. The other day Cody and I were trying to come up with some way to make her feel more special as the piece of bologna in the sandwich. We decided that she needed some alone time with Mom, so all week long I'd been talking about our Mommy and Hailey date. She was so excited!

We got back from camping on Saturday about lunch time and honestly I don't know how I made the drive home. Cody drove his own car since we'd come separately the day before. We got home and after I unpacked all I had energy for, my body was SCREAMING at me to stop. I'd really done too much in the days before. So I got cleaned up and had to lie down. Hailey waited patiently for Mommy to get up so we could go!

First stop was Wal Mart so she could pick out a new back pack for preschool, along with a few supplies to give her teacher. She also got some new nail polish and a horse play set that she'd been dying to have.

Then it was off to the mall to get her a few new out fits. She has lived mainly on hand-me-downs from my sister's girls and she rarely gets new clothes. But being such a diva she was very excited to pick things out for herself. And she did a good job! I like the girl's style.

Then we ate dinner at the food court and shared a world famous lemonade from Hot Dog On A Stick. We talked all about preschool and she informed me that I am NOT allowed to stay on her first day. I have to take her, let her out of the van, and then leave. It broke my heart as she said it with such confidence!

She then insisted that we get chocolate milkshakes for Ethan and Lauren on the way home since they didn't get to go with us. Such a sweet girl. And now she keeps saying that Ethan and I need to have a boy's day together. I just love her to pieces!!



1 comment:

Ev said...

You know, if we all lived closer Hailey would get dates with me ALL THE TIME!!