"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Soccer Mom

I drive a minivan and now my kids are playing soccer. I guess it makes it official. I am a soccer mom and now all I need is one of those cheesy family decals for the back window of the van. Since today was the first of many games, both kids were dressed and ready to go three hours before Ethan's game. They were so excited. But all that changed when we got there.
Hailey only had practice today. She was really mad at first because she wanted to play on the toys at the park, not kick the ball around. But she warmed up quickly and ended up having a really good time. She was pretty excited when she got a popsicle at the end. The silly thing about her league is they get TWO snacks per game. Really? How much do those kids need? One during half time and one at the end. Honestly I think snacks at games are plain annoying because they always fall right before or right after dinner time. But what ever helps to bribe the kids, I guess.
Ethan had his first practice last week and loved it. He loved getting a new uniform and playing with his friends. He didn't have a moment of hesitation at all during practice. I wish I could say the same for today. He has been excited for weeks about playing soccer, but as soon as we got the field today he freaked out with a complete meltdown. It lasted the entire game and Cody and I were about ready to hurt him by the end. He does this with EVERYTHING. He begs and begs to do activities, but then when it starts he cries the whole time. No, he screams the whole time. Then after a few attempts he warms up and has fun. But getting to that point is terrible. We're hoping next Wednesday proves to be better for him.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Lol, I never thought about it but I guess I am a soccer mom too. My oldest three start soccer in a few weeks.

Our kids sure are growing up fast.

I think the snack thing is more popular in the US because here in Canada, no one brings any. Kids play their game and that is it. Snack time can be once they go back to their parents.

Julie