"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Still Going Strong

We thought the worst of this bug was behind us yesterday afternoon. As I was about to read to the kids last night, Ethan ran down the hall and [almost] made it to the bathroom before he lost it...half on the carpet half on the linoleum floor. Cody and I spent the next two hours shampooing the carpets and washing more towels and bedding. At 12:30 a.m. Ethan started in again, and again, and again. Another fun night for me. I want to thank my mom for the countless nights she stayed up with sick kids while we spewed chunks. Nothing says love like that.

2 comments:

Ute Family said...

Oh my gosh...I am so sorry your kids are still sick. I hope for you that it ends VERY soon.
While you're cleaning up vomit just imagine yourself with me in Ireland, no kids, just hanging out with your mama for a week. Feel better? I didn't think so! Sorry. I wish I could bring you with me :)

Sarah Stiles said...

Poor Ethan! I hate when Cameron gets sick. I know he is miserable, and I just want to make all the pain go away, but all I can do is just hold him. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. Man, being a mom can be so emotionally draining!