"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 1 Spring Break- Monday

It snowed all night and into the morning, so the kids woke up to even more snow than we had on Easter! Drag. I know we need the moisture, but it was a bummer to have such a cold spring break. Since I still was not feeling well, we stayed home most of the day. The kids spent a while in the morning playing in the snow, then we did a lot of arts and crafts, and then Jack came over and the kids pulled out the costumes. I think I helped kids change, untie, tie, zip, fold right-side-out...at least twenty times. Lauren was a stinker and refused to let me take any pictures of her.

That evening Lauren was feeling crummy, so Dad (who was also feeling crummy) stayed home with the younger two kids and I took the older ones to the pool. I think every one else in town had the same idea because it was PACKED. Packed like I'd never seen it before! I "forgot" for a moment that my ears were infected and I went under water for just a second, but I think it caused even more damage. When we went outside to the van it was snowing so hard that I could barely see the pavement. The drive home was a very scary and VERY cold one. Hooray for April, right?







No comments: