"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 2 Spring Break- Tuesday

Of all the years since the new Discovery Gateway was finished, we have never been. We are so behind the times. So on Tuesday we ventured out and "discovered" it for ourselves. And I must say I was quite impressed! It was a little crowded, but the kids had an awesome time exploring the place. We stayed for about four hours and even then they were not ready to leave. We might invest in a membership, but I'm still not sure.

Ethan is a comic. He loves to make people laugh, and I think he is pretty funny. In one part of the museum there is a big news area where kids can pretend to report the news and weather. There is a big green screen and the kids can act just like weather people. Ethan was being so funny as he was reporting the "weather" that people started gathering around and just laughing at the original things he was saying. Before long there was a crowd, and he loved having an audience. But when we were driving home and I mentioned it to him, he said "Mom, it really hurt my feelings how everyone was laughing at me!" I tried to explain it to him that they were laughing because he was being so funny, but he didn't get it. Sorry Bud, but it comes with the territory when you are a comedian!











No comments: