"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Easter

I remember Easter falling on Conference weekend only a couple of times when I was growing up. And I HATED it! Since I never appreciated Conference when I was a kid, it always seemed like a drag when it was combined with Easter. Well this is the first time in many moons that Easter and Conference collided. And I must say, I really enjoyed it. I have been fighting a really nasty virus of sorts this last week, but aside from that I had such a rejuvenating weekend.

General conference was incredible. Since I was sick, I ending up sleeping through parts of it, but I was able to take a lot of wonderful things away from the messages. Such inspired church leaders. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life and to know that Heavenly Fathers knows me and loves me! I am so thankful to my brother, Jesus Christ, who payed for my sins. I hope He knows how indebted I am to Him. My testimony is back. The church is true and I love it.

The kids woke up Sunday morning and found that the Easter Bunny had come! Their baskets were waiting on the table for them (with a few treats to get them started) and the hunt began. Did I mention that we had a snowy Easter? Nothing like hunting for eggs in your snow boots. They were excited to see that the plate of carrots they put out the night before was eaten! The kids also found that this year the Bunny left some coins and paper money in some eggs, so they were sure to stick it in their banks for safe keeping. They really like this new precedent that the Bunny has set!

After another incredible day of Conference, we had Lance and Courtnee and crew over for a traditional Easter feast. I wish I could say that I enjoyed it, but by that evening I was so sick and in so much pain that I ended up back at Instacare. Turns out I had a massive infection in both ears, a sinus infection, and severe tonsillitis. Yuck! But over all it was a really great holiday.


























No comments: