"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear Diary,

My house is quiet. All I can hear is the hum of a table fan on the other side of the room. Even though it is freezing outside, I have to have the sound of a fan running. It calms me. It makes me feel zen. I love it.

My house is quiet. The baby is sleeping sprawled out on our king sized bed. I am sitting at the desk in our room. Cody and the older three terrors are having a camp out in the living room. The made a fort tonight and are sleeping in it. They love to do that on Friday nights. Fridays are our movie nights also. The other night at Costco we bought the Disney version of "Alice in Wonderland". We watched it tonight. I really hate that movie. But the kids loved it and thought that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb were so funny. So I faked a few laughs for their sake.

My house is quiet. It is 11:33 p.m. I should be reading my BOM right now. Right now I am studying in Jacob. I love Jacob. He is my homeboy. But the night is young and I have a date with him before I hit the sack.

My house is quiet. I am fidgety and I feel the need to write. I love to write. But I'm too distracted by the golf balls in my throat. Did I mention that I have tonsillitis so bad that I can't talk, eat, or swallow? That stinks because I love to do those things. I am in agony. I hope this lingering virus dies before too much longer. I wish my body would spike a fever or something. That's the way to kill it. Kill it good. But I haven't had a fever since Wednesday. So the virus lives.

My house is quiet. And rather dirty. I wish I had more time to clean. Piano lessons are winding down and our recital is just around the corner. Then school will be out and there won't be the running kids all over town that eats up such a big part of the day. I have so many projects that need my attention. I need to prep the flower beds for planting. I need to rip up sod in the back yard to make a bed for rose bushes that are still sitting in buckets, waiting to be planted. They have been so patient. And we need to figure out where our vegetable garden will go this year. I am thinking in the corner opposite the Morrow's corner. I can't wait to start digging in the dirt.

My house is quiet and my throat really hurts. I am in for another long night. Good thing tomorrow morning is a Saturday morning. Soccer games were cancelled because of the weather. Swim lessons are not until 11:00. And I will be listening to Conference via my phone. Oh, I am so excited about Conference. I can't wait.

No comments: