"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Monkey Child

Lauren is our monkey child. You know that prehistoric link that broke off from the apes and ventured out to form a new species called humans? Well, somehow that likeness emerged in Lauren, far greater than it emerged in the normal person. Yes, she is more monkey than the rest of us. She climbs on everything. She hangs from anything. And if she can climb, hang, and swing at the same time, the monkey child is in Heaven. The other night after baths I found her in Ethan's room hanging from his bunkbeds. This is one of her favorite past times, and I have a feeling that SHE will be the child to make the most trips to the ER for broken bones due to climbing accidents. We love our monkey!




No comments: