"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daddy's Boy

A couple of months before the baby was born, Devin started becoming more clingy toward Cody. Then after I went into the hospital, Devin pacified himself with Cody. Well, ever since then he has wanted nothing to do with me when Dad is around. Cody puts him in his crib at night and Devin has a fit, but he eventually gives in and gets quiet. But like clockwork, a few minutes later hellacious screams can be heard from his room. Cody rushes in there to see what's wrong and finds Devin's feet caught between the spindles of his crib. The thing is, this never ever used to happen. We are convinced that now Devin does it on purpose because he knows Cody will come back in to get him and calm him down. I'm sure if you listen closely, you can hear Devin laugh a Devilish laugh. Ha ha ha ha ha...I won again.

Each evening when Cody comes home, all Devin has to do is hear the doorknob jiggle and he drops whatever he is doing and says "Daddy!" and races for the front door. He is the first to greet him and from there on out I am chopped liver. The kid really wants nothing to do with me when Cody is around. He is our first kid to have such an attachment to Cody, and in a way, I like it. I know Devin still loves and needs me, but it's nice for Cody to have such a big fan!


No comments: