"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter

Easter this year was kind of a blur. I had ridiculous expectations and assumed we'd all be fine to go to church on Sunday. But of course things were crazy and I was anything but human and incredibly sleep deprived and didn't know what was up and what was down...so we laid low all weekend. The kids dyed eggs on Saturday and had fun. I tried to time it so Devin would be napping during the dying if eggs because he is such a handful. But of course that didn't work out and he made his way to the kitchen table many times to see what was going on and to "help". Oh Baby Badness, you are so cute and so naughty!






























Both Cody and I had a horrible night of sleep on Saturday. I was up all night with Garrett and Cody was up a lot with Devin. Man-on-man is great for nights like that. When the kids woke up they found that the Easter Bunny had come and they were overly excited to get out and hunt eggs. This was the first Easter in years when the weather had been decent for an egg hunt. The year before the kids had to wear their snow boots while hunting outside. This was Devin's first year to participate and he wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but then he really got into it.

































Garrett spent the morning sleeping and eating and he missed out on a lot of the festivities. And to be honest, I don't think he cared too much! He'll have fun next year though. That afternoon Leighann and Skylar came up to hang out and eat dinner. I made my traditional Easter dinner (half awake, mind you) of ham, funeral potatoes, asparagus, strawberry Jello salad, rolls, green salad, and Chocolate satin pie for dessert. It was a fun day, but both Cody and I were overly exhausted by the end of it all. And thank you, Leighann, for doing all the dishes!!











No comments: