"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Smiles

This morning I had just finished nursing and burping Garrett and I laid him on my lap. I was talking sweetly to him, and he gave me his first, voluntary, undeniable smile. That first smile always thrills me to death. It's like their way of saying "Mom, I do love you even though I lay here and do nothing. I do appreciate all you have done for me. Here's a little something to show you how much I love you." Luckily I had my camera phone in hand and was able to catch the last half of his smile. He gave me a few more right after, but I couldn't capture any on camera. Words can no describe how much I love this little guy!

No comments: