"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, May 13, 2011

Granana and Gov's Help

Granana and Gov came into town on April 27th, the same day Cody's dad left. Their timing was great because by the time they came, I was feeling human again and I was able to get out and do things! I was enjoying the company more too and didn't have to be "waited" on as much (something I completely hate). They tagged along to soccer and baseball games, helped get the house ready for Garrett's blessing, made a trek to IKEA with me (it was their first time there and they agreed it is quite the experience). We also met Leighan for lunch and then toured her new apartment, watched good movies, and visited a lot.

Mom had to be back to work so she left town on May 3rd. The good thing is that Dad was able to stay another week and we got a heck of a lot done around the house. We cleaned out the garage, prepped all the flowerbeds in the front yard, made a trip to the nursery to buy new plants, fixed the screen on the sliding door, drank a lot of Hank's Rootbeer, made many trips to Home Depot, built shelves in Ethan's new closet downstairs, ate pizza, and talked until we didn't have anything else to talk about (yeah right...like we ever run out of stuff to talk about). As always I was very sad to see them go, but I look forward to their next visit!























No comments: