"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Visit From Matt & Kam

Matthew and Kamishia had a baby boy last September. To say I've been anxious to meet little Orion is quite the understatement. Chomping at the bit is more like it. I see pictures and videos of the kid all over Facebook and I could not wait to finally get to squeeze and love on him. The three of them graced us with their presence last week while they were roadtripping, but two days just wasn't long enough for me to get my fill of them. I just love that little family! The kids were very excited to meet their one and only boy cousin on the McCorkle side.
Of course Mya came along and the kids were in Heaven with a dog to play with. Mya is quite the dog. Actually, I swear she is more human than dog. If I could hand pick a dog that was 100% like Mya in temperment, I would love to have a dog. But unfortunately it doesn't work like that. So in the meantime, the kids loved having Mya around. Devin kept going over to her to give her "loves". That is, he would stick out his tongue and let her lick it and then giggle with delight. Kind of gross, but pretty cute.

On Tuesday evening we went out to Muller Park for a picnic dinner. Normally on good days that place is so busy you can't find a daycamp site that isn't being used. But that night we had the entire place to ourselves! It was a perfect evening. We loved hiking around the place and taking lots of pictures.











On Tuesday afternoon they headed back out on the road to go spend some time in Moab. I hated to see them go, but I really look forward to seeing them again. We had such a fun time with them and they are wlecome at our house any old time they please!


No comments: