"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sugar House Park

On Friday we could not have had a more beautiful day. It has been such a long and wet winter (here where we live we are just barely getting into spring) so we were aching for a good day to get outside and play. I kidnapped Ethan a little early from school and we headed to Salt Lake to a fantastic park for a picnic. Cody lived near the Sugar House area when we first started dating and that park holds a lot of sentimental value for us. I hadn't been back there since Ethan was a tiny baby, so I figured it was time that I introduced the kids to another part of our old stomping ground. When we pulled in, the kids were overcome with how "cool" the place was. A huge duck pond, a river, some incredible play areas, and huge hills to roll down. It didn't get better than that! Garrett was a trooper and slept most of the time, only waking once to eat. I am very proud of myself for accomplishing that outing with five kids and only me to keep everything under control. It was a great day and we can't wait to go back with Dad!



































2 comments:

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

AHHHH These pics make me think back to my childhood. :-) Sugarhouse park was a staple in my life, growing up... Love the beautiful pics, "V"

The Johnson Family said...

What a fun day at the park! I love Sugarhouse Park too (It's where Aaron proposed to me:)). You are incredible that you can do this with 5 kids. I'm serious. I don't think I could do it.